It's all fun and games until everything changes.
Then, it's all about perspective.
I'm experiencing a shift in my perspectives.
Hence, the absence of my presense here.
But I might be back. I'm...unsure.
I finally finished this round of edits on DTR (the official acronym for my book based on the title), and that and some recent events (god, aren't vague references annoying?) have caused me to pause and reflect on life.
Here is what I know:
1. I'm going to be me. I'm not an asshole, at least not all of the time, and those who don't understand me don't get to absorb my time and energy. There is no need for me to stop to defend myself. I can and will walk away from people who try to bring me down (vague reference number two, try to get over it).
2. This morning, I woke up at 3:45...and was at a loss for what to do with my time now that my project is in someone else's hands (for now). In time I will begin the other projects (books, mostly) on my queue, but for now, I need time to decompress. The book has put more pressure on me than I realized. Now that it is realeased, I feel lighter and way less stressed out. I suspect I'll either stop ignoring the other aspects of my life now, or I'll develop a drinking problem to fill the giant void.
3. Life is a manifestation of attitude. When you don't like something, change it or change your perspective. It's amazing how refreshing that is. A shift in attitude makes a world of difference.
And so it is.
4 comments:
It's still so fucking awesome that you are PUBLISHING A BOOK! Proud of you!
I hate vagueness... but congrats on the book and your new perspective! Sounds like you are in a good place :)
This "publishing" highlight of yours, that you apparently do not want to boast about much.......is it much like this?
http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2011/11/self-publishing_edges_into_the.html
How can I read this "book" that you've gotten "published"?
Amazon? I-books?
Donde?
Anon, should I be offended that you wrote it as "book" and "published," which makes me think you don't think I actually have one?
Regardless, no, it's not going to be self-published, and you can't yet read it because it's not yet out. It'll be a few months yet.
Rest assured, when it is out, I will be heavily involved in shameless self-promotion.
Post a Comment