Monday, March 8, 2010

If Monday were a person, I'd put him in the hospital.

I started off Monday on the right foot. I woke up at 4:30AM and was at work less than an hour later. I have THAT much to get done this week.

I was working along quite productively, until I realized that I forgot my breakfast AND coffee. And let me tell you, nothing says "it's going to be a good day" like being forced to choose between extreme hunger or economical rape by Starbucks.

But then I heard "Eye of the Tiger" on the radio and was instantly fired up. I started feeling all "Rocky" and pumped up and completely ready to take on anything. Only I didn't have anyone to beat, so I settled for kicking the tire on my car. A close second.

Which made me feel slightly better, until I noticed that now I have a scuff mark on my new gray boots. And when I realized that my work printer is just now printing out documents that I sent it on Friday, well.....

I have realized that Monday morning is not really my friend, more like a bitch neighbor who brings me home baked cookies but then turns around and shoots my cat with a beebee gun.

(Actually, I'm the bitch neighbor who shoots cats. What? I'm from the country, it's what we do. Plus, it's totally justifiable because I can promise you that the first instinct to cross your mind when you see a creepy black cat stare at you through your french doors at 5 in the morning is to DESTROY AT ALL COSTS.)

The point is, my Monday morning hasn't been all that great, but I think the important thing to remember here is that the worst for this week is already over. Right?

Right???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Monday is an evil bitch.

Bristi said...

wonderful idea.. Wish we could really put him in the hospital :)

Kieran said...

I'd get a bulldog. ^-^
Your blog is pretty and I'm sorry monday is evil.

W.C.Camp said...

HA HA - you used 'BEEBEE' in a sentence!

Before you deck Monday, make sure Tuesday knows where he is or he will come after him. Wednesday won't care one way or the other. Thursday tries hard but can never keep up with the Party twins Friday & Saturday. Sunday is never a problem because he's lazy and always asleep 'till Noon.

Keep Smiling and Blogging. W.C.C.