Thursday, March 11, 2010

How is being as lazy as possible not a good thing?

I detest adulthood.

Where are the days when my biggest accomplishment was getting off the couch to hit up Crown Burger in the SLC after a hard night of drinking?

And at what point was it okay that I stopped doing that?

Now my days are spent doing things like calling to have garbage service at my house or trying to figure out how to convince Neb that he should make like a Rumba and vacuum the floors while I'm not home.

(Maybe I just need to replace his brain with a microchip. Then he'll also learn to fold my laundry and organize my mother effing shoes. And since he'd now be a robot, might as well train him to make dinner every night and learn how to nanny my hypothetical kids and not complain about it. Holy crap, it's almost like I need/want him to be a fembot wife. Does this make me a technological lesbian?)

But I forgot that I'm talking about adulthood--not technology that should be invented--and how much I hate getting off work early one day just to take care of stupid household stuff. Which....why doesn't a house just come with buttons to push to take care of errands and whatever else.

I wouldn't mind my life being run by a computer, I really wouldn't. I just keep thinking about how I'd pretty much never have to think or do anything for myself again and it just seems amazing.

2 comments:

LJ said...

Girlfriend! I so could have written this entry. I can relate to everything you've said. AND I adore the name of your blog!

Anonymous said...

Adulthood is a strange sensation. I spent my entire life wanting to be a grown up, and now that I'm here it's not what I thought it would be. I agree with you that the mundane activities of every day life are difficult. But what really gets me is that I sincerely thought that I would have it all figured out by now. I don't.

This is an excellent post and I've enjoyed reading your blog.