July 13, 2014
I'm sitting at the dog park in OB. The park with the grass (trees, not the other stuff, but also very much that, it is OB, after all), the trees, and the cement benches. It wants so badly to be nature, but more cars from the freeway (just west of here...30, 40, 8,000 yards--IDK, spatial reasoning isn't really my thing) have passed me in the last 5 seconds while sitting here on this bench than have the past 5 years in The Real OC.
Fuck I miss that place.
Time to go back. Roots. Necessary.
But this park...at least the sun is on my face and the ocean breeze is tickling my face with those little hairs that whip around and never quite stay in my ponytail.
I'm wearing the cutest cardigan and my "oh kale yeah!" t-shirt with short mint green shorts and my new braided Rainbows. I'm kind of obsessed with short shorts and Rainbows...the flip flops and also the actual thing, the kind that happens after a summer thunderstorm.
We don't get summer thunderstorms here in SD. At least, not like those lightening storms back home.
Universe, send me a summer thunderstorm or 2, the kind that roll in on dark gray clouds on a hot summer day.
Like that one last summer, that night down on the farm with Mel. Her first experience on the farm, in the country, with those miles and miles of unobstructed view of those electric flashes.
She turned 19 today. She's having a Rough One. So did I.
That little girl is beyond words. One of a handful of people I'd actually take advice from.
What does that say about me?
Anyway. maybe I'll ride my bike down to the beach later.
Or not.
Maybe I'll get sleep and wake up and write.
I guess I'll go home now.
No comments:
Post a Comment