July 14, 2014
The Universe Speaks.
Today, I got my summer rain. It felt monsoonal. It felt like home.
It smelled delicious.
And as I left work, I reveled in the beauty of the concept...ask and you shall receive.
I did.
Before I left work, I stopped in the office to comment on the rain. I spent no more than 1 minute talking to the secretaries, but it was enough.
I started the drive home, intent on searching Youtube for that new Beyoncé song that I'm obsessed with. A firm thought planted in my head.
Put your phone down.
It was a soft inclination, but it was enough. It was enough time for me to focus on the traffic that had come to a sudden stop ahead of me. Time slowed down enough for me to see the shock on one victim's face as he leaned against the concrete freeway median. It was enough for me to see the middle-aged auto-mechanic's name tag--Doug--and notice him clutching his heart. It was enough for me to see the young woman driver of that entirely smashed in Lexus. I'm almost positive she was still alive. I like to think she was, anyway.
I had enough time to see how so many people on both sides of the freeway pulled their cars over to help the injured while the paramedics were en route.
It was enough for me to realize that had I not stopped in that office, had I not listened to that little voice in my head telling me to pay attention to the road, I would have been involved in that 5-car pile up on the freeway.
It was enough for me to realize, without a doubt, that I was being watched over and protected.
It was enough for me to realize that in these seemingly small things, there is a huge place for gratitude.
Today, I am thankful.
1 comment:
You obviously have much left to do and many lives left to touch. Sometimes the most profound things come into our lives, minds and hearts when we least expect them. My thoughts and prayers to the victims. And I for one......am very glad you put the phone down!
Post a Comment