Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Checking in.

I'm here...for a second. My blog is not dead, it's resting.

Or, rather, I am resting. Or at least I wish I were. In truth, my blog is the last on my list of writing priorities. For now.

For some reason I thought it was a good idea to sign up for a novel writing contest for the month of November.  The goal was to write 50,000 words in November, the prize was...respect, I guess. I didn't win. I made it about 2/3 of the way through, hitting 34,000 words, which finds me about 1/4 of the way done with ATD. That there was a lot of fractions, I hope it didn't give you a headache.

To summarize the month of November: I woke up around 3:30 every morning, wrote for an hour and busted out anywhere from 1,500(ish) to 0(ish) words on the novel. For the next hour after that, I would work on DTR details...final details. Headshots. Author bio. Final grammar edits. ISBN number, ebook formatting...so many details signifying that this is really happening. Down to the wire, because nothing says "final" like a photoshopped headshot.

The point is, I have a release date (but I better check to make sure I can officially announce it), I have a good start on book 2, and I have serious bags under my eyes from lack of sleep. Someone recently asked me if I'm ever not working, and I didn't hesitate before I said, "no."

Too much to do, so many more books to write.

This is my life. In some ways I love that I'm built to work, in some ways I wish I didn't consider 5:30 sleeping in.

But in all ways I understand that this is my purpose.

I will resume blogging soon, I hope. Until then, don't give up on me, it's just that I need a goddamn nap.

5 comments:

Behind the Zion Curtain said...

It better be on kindle as we have no more room in the bookcases !

Anonymous said...

[url=http://casodex-bicalutamide.webs.com/]Bicalutamide tablets
[/url] bicalutamide prostate cancer
Biprosta
Calumid

Anonymous said...

[url=http://cyclosporine.webs.com]purchasing Ciclosporine
[/url] la ciclosporina effetti collaterali
cyclosporine liquid
sandimmun y embarazo

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]order virazole online
[/url] order rebetol online
order ribavirin
purchase ribavirin online

Anonymous said...

[url=http://buy-methylprednisolone.webspawner.com/]medrol night sweats
[/url] medrol uk
online Phocenta
zempred for skin