Thursday, October 25, 2012

Judging Octomom.

So...I watched the "Exclusive Home Tour" that Octomom (I know, I'm judging me, too) did on some website I've never heard of (I don't get out much) and...wow.

I found myself picking her apart. I'm judging.  I'm sorry.  If you have a problem with judgement, you should probably stop reading now.  But, if continuing to believe that this woman still got the cray cray on lock down makes you somehow feel better about yourself, well, here's my judgement of her:

First, I heard her say at least three times, "less is more" as though it's some kind of motto of hers?  Newsflash, lady, I don't think your uterus got that message.  Like, not even a little bit.

Second, she said if she's lucky she gets to go to bed at 2 and then is up at 5?  Doubt it.  Let's forget about the fact that she doesn't have a job.  I mean, I get it, having that many kids must be all kinds of tough that I don't even want to imagine but...after a few years, wouldn't most people start going to bed when their kids do?  Getting by on three hours of sleep a night is not sustainable for a long period of time and the effects of this would surely take their toll on one's body. I see no bags under her eyes and she looks....good(ish).  I call bullshit, lady.  Stop trying to make us feel sorry for you.

Third, she makes it a point to talk about all of her rules.  She says she doesn't allow markers and crayons in the house.  Just in case you forgot, this woman has 14 kids.  With no markers or crayons.  What is this, the Third Reich?

Fourth, she's giving parenting advice?  I don't know, I guess she could be some sort of parenting expert now that she's raised enough children to fill a woman's football team (true story women's football has 15 players, I Googled it) but...I'll pass on the advice.

Fifth, it's very telling the way she corrects herself to make herself seem more...whatever characteristic she's trying to portray (maybe she's going for a little bit of woe is me mixed with I'm a normal, real parent?).  And then she calls her child "angelface" and I'm wondering if it's because she can't remember which kid it is.  She makes sure to say she loves them and has them give her kisses.  I don't know, it just kind of seemed...fake.

Lastly, Why is she still relevant and why am I writing about her now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Corporate events
Birthday parties
No pleasure you are celebrating, thither is on-and-off mood. You be required of spotlight music; in vocals or totally daring, speed thither sing-along wine party.
Birthday parties
Company picnics skedaddle parties