Monday, November 7, 2011

You

Okay, so did you know I write poetry?  This is kind of dark, written after one of the many times the guy I was dating in my early 20s hurt me.  What I realized, though, even then, was that all things happen for a reason.  Though I went through hell and back with him, I am thankful he was in my life, because he made me explore myself to the very depths of my soul, and I would not be the bitch I am today if he had not forced me to evaluate myself.

Enjoy:

YOU

Exposed my weary soul
and Burned a hole right through
Shattered all dreams and Paradise
now scorned because of you

Vulnerable and naked now
defensive and oh so bare.
Afraid of occurring future--
Defenses take me there.

Sorrow Affords new strength,
learning a new expression.
Pandora has yet to learn
the Power of my depression

Through forlornness of all being
the light will soon awaken
Aurora will start her day
regardless of what night's taken.

A Soul can choose to die
and Atlas doesn't care
the Clock keeps ticking on--
leaving no time for despair.

faced With choices now
Prosperity bouts with Grief.
How clearly the process knows
the System of soul's relief.

though naked and exposed;
my armor stronger yet.
Paint still clouds the Heart
sadness won't let me forget

but Being is also living
in growing and in strife
as Pain grows, euphoria deepens
Each waking day of life

So thank You for the Hell
Nirvana's closer still
for opposition of all things--
allows extremes to feel.

Though tears still fill my eyes
my gift from you can bear it
Advanced and searching still--
in your Betrayal lies all merit.
November 16,2003

No comments: