The day my plane touched down into Utah, the snow began.
It was the first week of April, and the snow continued for three days.
Having recently been struggling with bouts of homesickness, I straightened the fuck out and remembered why I left in the first place.
I don't do snow and/or cold weather.
I had no idea that was what I was coming into. I hadn't even packed a jacket, because cardigans and boots were supposed to be appropriate attire, it (allegedly)being spring.
I cuddled up on the couch for three days with my Sarah, several layers of blankets, and my weight in wine. We watched horrible movies and ate all three meals a day based entirely around chocolate.
Oh, yeah, and there were her pugs, who were smelly and stalker-ish. In case you were wondering about her puppy Rosie Finlinson being as assholeish as Sarah makes her out to be, um, yes, she fucking is.
In the end, I came to endure the damn dogs and definitely enjoyed the hell out of seeing Sarah's new house and drinking her wine. Bitch also drove me around town in search of the perfect margarita (PS...I think we found it. At the pub. Go figure), so it was pretty much the best weekend ever.
I don't know if I stopped shivering for the entire 15 days I was in Utah, but, Goddamn, did I kick it off right.
(More on the rest of my trip to come...)
5 comments:
Did Sarah name her dog after my Grandma?!?!?!? HAHAHA What the heck?!?!?!?!
Janae, as a matter of fact I did. I loved Rosie and have such fond memories of hanging out with her as a kid. She was a fireball just like my dog.
She was a fireball for sure, I miss her a ton!!!! She always made me laugh :)
My Mom's dog is named Rosy Finlinson, funny because Grandma HATED dogs and now she has two named after her.
Totally hated them. She used to scream at our lab when we lived in the green house next door. I thought it was a perfect name fit.
Post a Comment