They say animals and babies can sense what most humans cannot.
Evil. Fear. A kind soul.
I was on a walk in The Real OC last night with my mom when I noticed a very pregnant heifer across the fence. I pointed her out to my mom, and as I did so, she waddled herself over to the fence. I knew she was trying to talk to us, so I went to the fence and held out my hands to her. She licked me.
If you know anything about our bovine friends, you know they tend to run away from humans (I don't know, maybe the whole eventually I am going to eat you thing). Cows, especially, are shy when they're about to calve.
It was a very strange experience, then, that this random heifer who has never met me, licked me.
Obviously she sensed something in me.
As did Sarah's asshole puppy who, during my 3 day stay at her house, stalked my every move, licked my shoes and jacket, and demanded my attention in a manner that left me feeling as thouh I had been emotionally raped.
Anyone who knows me know that I have severe issues with animals. I love them, but from afar. They smell, have germs, and are better left anywhere that they will not contaminate my space.
Something, though, has changed in me. I don't mind the licking like I used to, and I have found myself having converataions with about 3 dogs and a cow in the past 3 days.
I would call myself crazy, but the truth is, I just don't have a problem with any being who obviously senses how awesome I am.
1 comment:
Nice! Interesting about the heifer. And yep, you are pretty awesome.
Post a Comment