So Friday, instead of going shopping for a new bag, I decided to make the grown-up decision and go to Happy Hour instead.
I spent many, many hours at the bar with freshly made margaritas, and then I went to this couple's house.
And then what happened was a girl started bragging, "ooh! I have a great bike!"
And, after several margs and something something later, I'm all "let me see!"
So she shows me her bike which, BTW, is not even, like 28% as cool as mine. But I tell her anyway (because I'm SUCH a nice person):"it's a good bike!"
And then her boyfriend is all "I can jump higher than you."
And I turn my head around...three times, like in the exorcist, because that's how insane this comment makes me because this guy doesn't bike...and I'm all: "no you can't."
And he's all "Bet me."
And I'm like "okay. I'll bring my bike here tomorrow and we'll see who can jump highest."
And his girlfriend is like "He won't know what the hell he's doing, but he'll kill himself trying to jump higher than you."
And I'm all, "no one puts Baby in the corner." Which somehow, in my mind, means he can't jump higher than I can and that I somehow look amazing in white capris even though, like, no one, can pull them off but somehow I will because my name is now Baby and I love Patrick Swaysze.
So, apparently, tomorrow, it's on.
I'm either going to emerge as the reigning queen of jumping or I'm going to end up missing at least one of my front teeth.
Either way, it's like somehow I win.
2 comments:
make him your bitch!
I needed a reason to smile today....and your blog gave it to me. You are hilarious and I just love reading your work....cause I often need a smile. :)
Post a Comment