Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Top 5 Reasons Moving is a Cluster. Or at least I'm a cluster.

5. People kept asking questions like "Oh. Are you moving?" And I kept replying: "No, we were just bored, so we decided to rent a Uhaul and see if we could fit every item in our house into it." Most people don't find this response humorous, which means I have a lot of enemies. But they're in my old neighborhood, so it's cool.

4. All the movement caused the (ex)neighbor's dog to bark. Nonstop. And after three hours, I was so annoyed that I started to contemplate either dropping a box on its head or kicking it in the face so it would shut the eff up. I ended up doing neither because the box I was carrying was full of books (and why waste good books?) and because I was wearing flip-flops and didn't want to get dog slobber on my toes.

3. I have no idea where my deodorant is. This was true as of Friday and is currently not an untruth. Even the neighborhood skunks are avoiding me these days.

2. I'm using my unpacked kitchen as a reason to eat cookies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. My pants won't button, and last night I cried myself to sleep. Then I woke up and ran four miles. To reward myself, I ate another cookie. A vicious cycle has been born.

1. As of last night, our cable still wasn't working, so I have been unable to watch RHONYC, The Kardashians, or The Hills. I'm starting to feel down, and how in the world am I going to feel better about myself without all those plastic orange people to judge?

3 comments:

Sara said...

Maybe you can solve your weight problem with your love of trashy tv. They're all super skinny and will make you feel bad about yourself so you'll go out and run after you watch. Right?

Anonymous said...

I just moved too, Kell. I loved response #5. Wish I'd heard it before my move.

Emilio

Summer said...

Congrats on the move!!! I can sooo relate to the pains of moving. I'm not looking forward to my next one. Actually that's a little bit of a lie, but it's excitement for other reasons than the move. ;)