Monday, December 28, 2009

My marriage, though not yet official, is over.

A small part of me died this year on Christmas. My mom, the anti-Christ, informed me that I will no longer be spoiled for Christmas since I'll be married next year.

Such a load of crap. I mean, I know some people believe that Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Christ, but not me. I celebrate Christmas for the sole purpose of receiving gifts.

What's the point of the Holidays if I'm only going to receive, like, 3 presents?

I should just cancel Christmas, but I'm going to cancel being married instead. I can't actually cancel the wedding, because I already bought an amazing dress and I can't let it go to waste.

But that doesn't mean I have to stay married. Which is why I'm busy planning my divorce.

Clearly this is the right thing to do. Because my mom loves giving presents, and I love receiving them. I must sacrifice my marriage or the delicate balance of our mother/daughter relationship will be forever ruined.

This is my happily-ever-after. That bitch Cinderella was confused. Being happy doesn't depend on having a Prince Charming, it depends on having mother who gives lots and lots of presents.

4 comments:

Becky said...

It's so nice to know you have your priorities in order. ;-)

Summer said...

Clearly you are making the right decision.

Susan Mercedes said...

You can only have one mom. Husbands are a dime a dozen. Good thinking.

injaynesworld said...

Well, thank God you came to your senses in time. And don't fret about having to return the wedding gifts. How many toasters does anyone really need?