But...I am now obsessed with the whole idea of "cost per wear." This is mainly because I fancy myself a bargain shopper, as most of my clothes are purchased for under $20 (excluding: jeans, shoes, purses, scarves, jewelry, dresses, and sometimes shirts. Oh, wait....).
ANYWAY, I'm also a giant math nerd, so now every time I get dressed I start thinking about where I purchased the item and how much it cost...divided by how much I've worn it. And then I ask myself if the purchase was worth it.
I'd like to say my whole wardrobe was worth it, but the truth is my cost-per-wear is pretty high, since I rarely wear the same thing twice.
Bragging? Absolutely.
But then you could consider the following outfit, which has a cost of less than a dollar per wear (if you want proof, I'll be happy to go over the math with you):
The jeans are designer, so they cost slightly less than my house. However, when you consider that they have been in my closet for 5+ years, they have a low-cost-per wear. They remain my favorite pair of pants, even though they're currently a little baggy and definitely wearing thin. I will wear them til the death.I think the jacket is as old as the jeans, and I've probably only worn it once in the last 3 years. And you know that rule that says that if you don't wear something in a year you should throw it out? I don't conform to rules, so the jacket stays.
Basic white tanks flow like wine in my wardrobe. Paired with jeans, this is my favorite outfit. I also use them to work out, which is inconvenient at times because my spray tan rubs off and I look like a tool.
And, um, I can't do a post at this time of year without bragging about how nice the weather is. I actually had to ditch the jacket when I wore that outfit (last Friday) because it was too hot.
My favorite outfit: jeans and a white tank. Low cost, cute, and basic. Just like my life.
Happy Friday.
3 comments:
Love it! Best outfit eva! What about the scarf?
I think mine also cost less than a dollar/day, but it doesn't look nearly as good.
Very cute! And I may look like a bag lady, but I bet my cost per wear is closer to a negative number!
Post a Comment