Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sometimes, Christmas Spirit is Evil

I live for Christmas. I love this time of year: the cheer, the presents, the chocolate. And, most especially, the cheesy Lifetime movies. FaLaLaLaLoveit!

I'm not even going to pretend that I think of Jesus during Christmas time. I really do applaud those who are celebrating the birth of a legendary and/or mythical person (Jesus,in this case, not Santa).

But I think Jesus needs to step out da way and give Satan his rightful claim over Christmas. Oops. Did I type Satan instead of Santa? That's because, to a dyslexic, Satan and Santa are one and the same. I'm not dyslexic or anything, I'm just keepin' it real.

The point is, don't we all need to choose one or the other? Or am I the only one who snickers judgementally upon seeing something like this:



Because, if one's schema depends on surroundings, then I am forced to believe that Santa is taking over Christmas and probably the world.

I believe in Christmas spirit. That is all. Condemn me to hell if you must, but Santa and I will be partying our faces off there together.

5 comments:

Summer said...

This cracks me up! My dad came home a few years back from a trip to "The Costco" with a giant inflatable Santa on a motorcycle and a cheesy wire angel blowing a horn! He was so excited about them that we didn't want to break his heart by telling him just how tacky they are!

Amy --- Just A Titch said...

I lovvvveeee the cheesiness of Christmas.

Jeremy said...

The ones that kill me up are the blow up Nascar cars with elves and reindeer hanging out the windows.

They are all over here in Spanish Fork.

Fragrant Liar said...

Jesus? Jesus who?

injaynesworld said...

Stumbled upon you and I'm just going to pitch a tent and stay. Love discovering other California writers. Especially those of the shallow variety. Perhaps we were separated at birth? And don't breed... You will have to compromise on your shoe purchases.