Sunday, November 15, 2009

Um...I'd Be Scared But I'm Too Busy Envisioning Myself if That Dress...

Holy crap up in here, I'm getting married. Like, officially.

Like, the Real OC's town hall has already been booked. Like, I'm waiting to confirm that the local band, The Moonlighters, will play. I'm wondering how many times they'll play The Bunny Hop and if I'll be able to do it in my dress. The Bunny Hop, that is, not the IT that you're all thinking. Pervs.

And, oh yeah. I'm buying that dress I've been drooling over. It's expensive, but who needs to eat for the next 5 months? Not me if I'm going to fit into that dress...

Despite my best intentions, this wedding is going to happen. I'm going to be forced to be a grown-up and finally commit to something. I haven't been able to get the thought out of my head. The taste it leaves behind is somewhat bitter. Goodbye, carefree 20's.

Hello, adulthood. Finally.

But in this sorrow over my lost freedom, there's also excitement. This is going to be so much fun. The marriage aside, the wedding is going to be a party like The Real OC has never seen.

There is a slight glitch, however. OC is 96% Mormon. Scott's family is 100% Canadian. Translation: Scott's family loves to booze, which could potentially scare my poor Mormon mother to tears. I wonder if she'll bring her scriptures for comfort?

This might be a problem. But can't someone else deal with it? I refuse to accept the fact that I might be caught in the middle. Why should I be, when this is my celebration?

Sigh. Being married is so hard. You know, if I were actually married yet.

Holy crap up in here.

Peace.

6 comments:

Becky said...

So excited for you! Just do me a favor and don't make your overweight bridesmaids squeeze into a strapless dress...

Cat said...

When's the date? I'll make sure to have a one night stand in your honor.

Summer said...

I'm so happy to hear that things are progressing! You are going to make the most beautiful bride!

ɹǝƃƃolquǝʞoʇ said...

Presents!

Erin said...

I have some friends you can invite. They'll get so drunk no one in your family will even notice the Canucks.

Graber said...

I talked to you today and we discussed your hair but there was no mention of you going ahead with buying the dream dress!!!! Conversation priorities lady!! That's great news!