Friday, August 28, 2009

Fashion Friday

I've been accused of being a trendwhore.

I am not arguing with this statement. I will be the first to admit that being "classy" is something that has, thus far in my life, eluded me.

I keep saying I'm going to start buying more classic pieces, but I never do. I can't resist finding cute, cheap new styles, and I'm vehemently opposed to spending more than $20 on a dress.

Perhaps this is a pathetic attempt at denying that I'm no longer in my 20's, that it might no longer be acceptable for me to shop at Forever 21.

Isn't it enough that I took out my nose ring?

Because the thing is, I'm going to have to grow up in, say, 2 more years, when I have kids. Maybe then I will be forced to buy classic pieces because I won't be able to afford the shopping sprees that give so much meaning to my life now.

So...this week, I'm posting a dress that is a little bit timeless, but not enough to be thought of as classic. Whatever. I love yellow, it goes good with my tan, and wedge shoes are a must when you're as short as I am:



Anyway. Here's what it might look like if I had class, like Susan:



I think the Mercedes (hers. Bitch!!) comes with having class. I don't know, because I drive a scooter, which is cute and green (as in the environment, not the color) and all, but I'm pretty sure it isn't considred classy.

But oh well. For now I will continue to deny the fact that I should probably grow up.

Now excuse me while I go find a drink. It's past noon. What.

Happy Friday.

7 comments:

Laughing Fawn said...

You look classy, California style. And, if it is important to you, you will obtain MILF status if you continue to dress like that after having the kids you talked about.
As long as you don't wear purple velour jogging outfits with "juicy" splayed out in rhinestones on the butt, I say wear what makes you happy. (Sorry if those make you happy, I just can't support that kind of fashion faux pas)
I firmly believe that class can exude from even the trendiest outfits. It is about the way the woman carries herself and who she is at her core. That being said, you are class all the way baby.

Susan Mercedes said...

Doesn't classy just mean you don't charge for sex. See...you're classy. Plus I think you dress adorable. When you move to SLC, I will need your help with cute casual summer dress shopping.

Anonymous said...

My dad was always afraid I would dye my hair green and then apply for a job at his office

Kerree said...

Firstly your tan looks great. Secondly I would wear whatever the hell I wanted if I looked as good as you. I can't believe your not in your 20's??? That can't be right. Are you sure??? You're making me feel like an old fat cow! Wish I looked half as hot as you do in a dress like that. I will use you as inspiration in my diet quest. :)

Brittany said...

First, I love that dress.

Two, you look young and hot...which trumps class.

Trust me, classy people would WAAAAAY prefer being hot and young looking, like, any day of the week!

Do you want to move me into your house so I can be your personal spray tanner and you will forever look young?!

Becky said...

Don't ever grow up! It's highly overrated!

Cat said...

You're as darling as trashy can get.