Monday, July 13, 2009

Being Concussed is No Way to Spend the Summer

Okay, so maybe I'm a liar.

Maybe that back flip that I did over the weekend was not, in fact, immaculately landed.

Unless you count Scott' head as a proper landing spot. And if you count landing on my head instead of my feet as perfect.

You'd think since we were in a pool it would hurt less. All that hurt less was my belly after the flop (which happened immediately after the flip). And the only reason that hurt less was because I was distracted by the pretty stars that suddenly popped before my eyes. They didn't last nearly long enough.

The embarrassing part is that I actually do know how to do a back flip. I was a power tumbler for the majority of my adolescent years.

But, like, flipping over in a pool is completely different from land.

Because in the pool, you have to worry about your top falling off and if your legs are squeezed tight enough so that people don't see that, despite the arrival of your new home wax kit, your bikini area in no way, shape, or form reminds anyone of Brazil.

Anyway.

I'm pretty sure I've suffered massive head trauma. Or at least been concussed.

Don't worry, though. I'm holding out strong. Summer vacation starts next week, and I'll be damned if I let anything get in the way of my summer.

Because summer is my reason for living. And it starts next Wednesday at whatever time I decide to wake up.

Here's to hoping this 3-day-long headache clears up soon.

Peace.




2 comments:

Summer said...

Yikes! I hope you feel better so you can enjoy your summer vaca!

Katie said...

Have ye not learned from my head trauma?