Sunday, June 28, 2009

I Despise Golf

But not nearly as much as I love drinking beers all day. On the golf course by the bay.

That's it for the rhyming. Here are some fun facts I learned about golf during my work's annual golf tournament (which we did not, surprisingly, win):

1. You know you're in the presence of a serious golfer when:


2. You can rock the funky golf shoes:


3. But this works just as well (you're not running around, and what the eff do you need traction for?):

4. Striking this pose after a stroke makes you look like a good golfer, even if you're just in it for the booze:


5. Real golfers don't need strange clothes (but my boyfriend wears them regardless)

6. If you hate golf, it's important to maintain street cred by showing that you do, indeed love sports.  You can do this by representing your favorite team by way of a cap.  Beer doesn't hurt, either:
 My weekend was fun, how was yours?

Oh, and 3 Mondays left!!!!  (The countdown to my summer break has officially begun).

3 comments:

Cat said...

That's the same pose to strike if you want to be taken seriously whilst pretending to know how to use a level.

Allison said...

Seriously. We need to golf together. I may or may not shoot a 27 on each hole, and take a sip of beer for each shot. It's the ONLY way to go!!

Brittany said...

Ugh, my hubby golfs daily come summer, it's hell. I have been known to fall out of the golf cart drunk after 4 hours on the course.