I arrived home last night, fully ornery and fully intending to take out my aggression on Scott. Not in that way, sickos. I was annoyed with him before I even walked through the door because he was supposed to have dinner ready when I got home and had called to tell me he was just starting. And this was at 7:30. So, anyway, I struggled through the door, weighed down with my backpack, purse, change of clothes, and stress from the day. He came to help me just as the door was shutting behind me.
Thanks.
And then I walk into the kitchen, and it's sparkling because he has just wiped down the counters and floor, done the dishes and taken out the trash.
And I still felt bitchy, despite his having done all that for me. I know it was for me, because dude is a slob. Or at least he used to be. By no means is he actually a clean person now, but at least now he makes an effort. Kind of. Sometimes....
Nonetheless I remained true to my currently emo self and communicated with one word answers to his attempts at conversation. This whole thing is not his fault but, unfortunately, he is the one closest to me and bares the brunt of it.
And he's stuck with me now.
Poor guy.
4 comments:
It thrills me to no end that I am not the ONLY GIRL who behaves like this towards her boyfriend (well, in your case, fiance). I feel like such a jerk after and usually during, but it's like I can't help myself.
I blame those darn middle schoolers we spend our days with. I think they suck out all of my nice energy. And if not them, then my colleagues. Because I know they do it for sure.
I just did this last night to Gray, re: the finacial aid fiasco of '09. Don't feel bad!
I don't spend my day with children, so I have no excuse. Well, I work with people, so I have a tiny excuse, but still.
I do the same thing to husband. After 15 years he can tell by the way I open the door and he'll have a bottle of wine opened and a glass in my hand before I get my shoes off. Two glasses and I'm my regular self again - bitchy but less so than before wine.
Spending all day with middle schoolers doesn't sound so bad but if it was elementary then I'd need a padded room to live in.
Hang in there Kelli! I know you will bring the awesome back once again… it’s just a phase… I just went through one myself…
I also noticed that I neglected to respond to your comment addressing how our relationship has grown dysfunctional as my Maggie post made you cry. I just want you to know that it’s the Helm-Kel dynamic coming full circle. You see you made me cry a long time ago. It was when your mom got mad at me for posting about you transporting dead hookers across state lines… The prophecy is now complete…
Godspeed Kel…
Post a Comment