Hey, friends! Well, it's only Sunday morning but already I feel very accomplished and pleased with myself regarding this weekend. So far, I've managed to: spend the necessary time in Hell (aka post office) to ensure that friends and family feel my love via gifts which will arrive on time this year, show my newly-acquired maturity by avoiding a party where I knew I would cause drama (long story), and prepare my house for the 4 visitors we will be having for Christmas. Jesus. There will be 7 people in my house for a few days. If I make it out with my sanity in tact will call it a Fucking Christmas Miracle and be forced to acknowledge the presence of a Higher Power such as Santa Claus or at the very least Jesus.
I still have 10,001 things to do on my list today, and, sadly, about half of them are work-related. I guess I need to cowboy up and shut it. After all, Friday is my last day of work for a little over a month. So you know all those times I complain about being tired and stressed and how my job blows? This is what makes it all worth it.
Finally I'll have time to do all those projects around the house I need to do. Finally I'll have the time to burn that extra 5,000 calories a day so I can lose the last 10 pounds that have been eluding me for months--okay, who am I kidding--years. Finally I'll be able to lay on the couch all day watching Lifetime Original Movies with horrible plots and even more horrible acting and eat chocolate to make up for all the insane biking I'll be doing.
But you know what I'll probably do the most of? Nothing. And in reality I probably won't get any of those projects done because I'll put it off and put it off and then suddenly it'll be Jan. 22 and I'll be off to work again and I'll still have ugly green paint in the bathroom and spices that are totally not in alphabetical order and the chaos that is my life will ensue and I'll keep saying that when I get time I'm going to fix those spices so I don't spend my whole night looking for Paprika because it will be right there in it's proper place--right after Oregano--meanwhile I'll never get that kind of time until Spring Break, but then I'll be too busy surfing to give a shit. My life is a vicious cycle and I am helpless--or maybe just unwilling--to stop it.
Meanwhile, Neighbors return from Costa Rica today. So I said a proper goodbye to the BF last night. We celebrated our last night alone together by watching Lifetime. Well, I did. He played video games alone in the mancave. I think he might want to impress a certain someone with his gaming skills? Anyway. Yeah. Needless to say, there will be some serious gameage this week. Which is just as well, I suppose, since I'll be madly trying to catch up on work.
Ahhh....I can do this, I can do this. 5 more days of 10-12 hour days, and then I can relax (Well, as relaxing as hanging out w/ quasi in-laws can be). 5 more days of running myself ragged. 5 more days of answering to the man. I can do this. I CAN do this!
1 comment:
Of course you can do it! And really, my dear, you have GOT to deal with those spices. It's dangerous, having them all out of alphabetical order like that. You might use ground mustard when you needed ground fennel! Insanity. Seriously, get some help for that.
Post a Comment