Monday, November 3, 2008

Finally

In SoCal, people take the weather very seriously. "Weather" in San Diego means it's less than 75 degrees. Yesterday, we had Weather because a light mist fell over San Diego for part of the morning. It was not rain, nor was it cold. It was 72 degrees.

One friend yesterday said she was sick, and she thought it was probably due to the Weather. It just goes to show how quickly you forget your roots, because this friend is from Wisconsin. I happen to know that in Wisconsin, 72 degrees in November is cause for people to run around the streets naked in celebration of the heat wave. Same goes for Utah and almost every other state in the nation.

That being said, I haven't forgotten my roots. My true roots are SoCal, since I was born here and spent my earliest years here. The fact that I spent most of my life in Utah is completely irrelevant, as I always considered myself a SoCal native. I am taking full advantage of today's Weather (high temp. of 69 degrees) and wearing the much anticipated gray suede boots. So, here you go:


It is my goal to find at least 20 different ways to wear the boots, so here's to hoping we have at least that many days of Weather. I also have these boots in black and saw a girl yesterday wearing them in brown, so you can probably expect that I'll get those, too, since they match my new Coach bag.
I apologize in advance to those who don't care and also to those who will be overridden with extreme admiration and/or jealousy. I can't help it, it's what shallow girls do.

7 comments:

Katy said...

I have got to find a way to convince husband to move to San Diego. I think you've got better weather than Vegas. (But no Thunder Down Under...it'll be a tough choice of where to live)

Summer said...

I freaking love the boot! I'm glad you finally got to wear them. I looked for boots on Saturday and couldn't find any that I like. Maybe I need to come to SD to find some.

Salt City Mistress said...

Loving the scarf to go with the boots!

Hooray for you finally having a situation to wear the boots!

zipbagofbones said...

Those are going to look so great with my flannel shirt!

Sarah Bellum said...

You look fab, so obviously I hate you.

C.S. Perry said...

Well...they look dangerously close to Space Boots...so I guess I'll be back for further updates.

Right On.

Becky said...

Could you be any cuter? no, no you couldn't.