Sunday, October 12, 2008

Girls Rule, Boys Drool

We decided to start keeping score (of awesomeness? manliness? I really don't know.) at our house. And I need to earn more points. For example, the fact that BF built a shed to organize all his manliness (tools) scored him 5 points. For cleaning all day yesterday and eliminating all dirt within .62 of an acre radius around our house, I got .5 points. Trust me, I know, and I'm with you. In fact, let's all say it together:

This scoring system blows goat ass.


Despite that, I'm still way ahead of the boys points-wize. Obviously. And, in an effort to win more points and completely leave their asses in the dust so they'll give up and cry themselves to sleep, I stepped out of my girly OCD box and celebrated fall the best way I know how: with football.
Not only did I rock the hell out of my pink Rivers jersey AND matching pink eyeshadow, but I also stepped up and showed the boys the business. In football, that is. Unbeknowst to most of the world, I am good at football. I'm what some would call a triple threat; I throw, run and catch. Now, try to contain your jealousy. I haven't even showed you the pictures yet! So, here:




Did I mention I have 3 brothers? Who wouldn't let me be girly and instead forced me to play football in the OC park everyday after we got off the bus. Okay, that's a lie. Some days, we had to go to the farm and bale hay or feed. But on the days we did play, we played full tackle with all the OC boys sans pads and helmets.
At heart, I'm waayy more tomboy than diva, but please don't tell the boys. They might expect me to start helping build things or scratch my balls while I burp the alphabet. And I really don't want that. Oh, and by the way? It's Sunday. GO CHARGERS!!!!


4 comments:

Shelly... said...

I'm impressed. Not only can you play football but you can clean house and do it right! Major points right there. You will so leave the boys in the dust!
I suck at throwing (like a girl)) and catching and the running's not so hot either. Good job!

Latent Image said...

My sister was always my secret weapon when playing football. she could not throw but could catch and run and since I was always quaterback it worked out well.

I also think you catch the ball becasue if it hits the ground then you have to wash it. That whole ocd thing.

And did you know if people with ocd would go to ocd anon. they woudn't have 12 steps, they would just have one step, but repeat it over and over and over again.

kel said...

Shelly---I throw like a girl, too. A really awesome girl.

Latent--Duuude....I swear I'm not OCD, it's just a viscious rumor that's going around on the internet. I would only wash the ball off IF it landed on the part of the ground I hadn't aleady vacummed. That's not OCD. That's common sense.

Becky said...

You are too cute!! And my hero.

You get 20 points from me!