I've been safely tucked away in God's country for the past few days. When I went to my hometown, I was welcomed by a parade, lunch with the whole town, and dial-up internet. No, seriously. If I left a comment on your page during the past few days, please appreciate the fact that it took at least 2 hours per character. You are THAT important to me. And I'm so important to the Real OC that all 20 of the townspeople gathered on mainstreet to watch me drive the mule down the road, while my kinsfolk threw out candy. In the country, we know how to represent.
Well, that and the fact that it happened to be Oak City Days, a yearly celebration that involves lots of booze, food, square dancing, and just plain fun. Okay, so the booze part was only enjoyed by the select few who could fit in the front seat of a parked car, chug whiskey and boxed wine (smuggled into the town by one very hot, brave fellow country girl), and mumble a prayer-- just in case Jesus was taking a break from the square dance and watching and/or listening to us. The rest of the townsfolk chugged their root beer and danced the night away in a Jesus-induced high that we neve quite reached since those little bottles of Jack only take you so far....
5 comments:
If I had known Jesus gets you high I would have given up my secret wine stash in an instant.
Sounds like you are making the best of your trip! :)
My family lives in Roy, UT. That's a REAL fun place to visit.
Did anybody have pop with sherbert floating in it? That seems to be a real popular thing to drink.
Here's to hoping you're surviving the small town UT. I am also from a small town in UT that doesn't even have a coffee shop, except the one that is tethered to the Elks club.
Girl. You obviously don't know..
Jesus isn't in Utah. He's in Iowa. I know because He talks to my mom all of the time and she tells me. And c'mon Jesus wouldn't lie to my mom.
HAHAHAHA! I am in a hometown parade this Saturday too, no mule though...just a tractor...jealous.
Post a Comment