I've been spending my time in SLC having my ass served to me on a Wasatch platter, or, as the locals like to call it, mountain biking. The first day I tried out an SLC trail (Bobsled), I ate so much shit that I wasn't hungry for 2 days afteward.
Now, Scott grew up in Canada, so sometimes I have to infer meaning from stuff he says. When he said, "Bobsled is the easiest trail in Utah." I translated that to US English and basically, that statement means I suck at biking.
Which I don't understand at all. I mean, I have never had this problem in SD, so I think it must be the fact that Jesus is mad at me for corrupting his promised land. The good news is, though, that I redeemed myself by being honest at the bike shop where I rented a mountain bike. When I went to return it, the girl was like "Okay, thanks!" And I said, "Um...don't I need to pay?"
Actually, looking back, I wasn't being honest so much as stupid. That $40 could buy a heck of a lot of 3.2 beer--at least enough to give me a good buzz.
Regardless, I'm taking the day off biking to cruise around the SLC by way of a car. Someone was soo impressed by my scooter-driving abilities that she is trusting me in her car. She either really thinks cars are like tractors and therefore indestructable or doesn't care about her car. Either way, she'll probably disown me as a friend when she gets it back. Good thing she has that cute little scooter and lots of other friends.
4 comments:
I could also be the fact your not at sea level anymore Dorothy. I remember when I moved back to Utah having my ass kicked by the altitude.
Thanks for the heads up about you being on the roads today…I think I will stay indoors…under a table…in the cold storage…in the company of the mason jars full of peaches and the jugs of water that I’m saving for the return of Joseph Smith and/or Brigham Young…
PS… Your mom never e mailed me back… I’m mad at her... now she owes me my very own parade...
Scooter video was funny. Mind if I put you on my blog roll?
I loved the video of you and Sarah. Seeing my virtual friends in action.
Ok that sounded WAY more creepy then I meant. ;-)
Hey girl! So good to meet you! I am actually going to be in your neck of the woods in about 11 days! We are staying in Newport Beach...not really sure how close that is to you or not sense I've only been to Cali once... but I'd love to meet up for some adult beverages minus the Utah guilt!
Post a Comment