
I've done it again. Some might call it a problem; I call it therapy. In the form of shoes. I might have what some would call a slight obsession with shoes--but what woman doesn't?. This evening, as I was picking out my outfit for work tomorrow, I realized it--my closet-- wasn't producing Just The Right Shoes to go with my FabNewTop. I immediately jumped in the car (driving mile 4 of the day) and went to purchase the shoe. As I was leaving, I pondered just how shallow and selfish I am.--and I'm not gonna lie--I'm a teensy bit worried.
I tell myself that I have a reputation to uphold at work. The truth is, I can't bear to be seen in last season's clothes or Stuff Everyone Else Wears. Sopko and I are notorious for this (at least this is what I believe in my head). My shopping splurges usually happen at the beginning of a new season and lasts midway through--right before stuff goes on sale, actually. I waste a lot of money this way. I'm not kidding. I think I have bought maybe 6 or t0 pairs of shoes just in the last 2 months. I have at least 5 pairs of white wedges alone (and look of cute they are lined up in a row at the bottom).
This is the reason I chose to take a picture of half of just one of my closets. I should be spending my money on a worthwhile cause, saving it, or at the very least giving it to drunk homeless people. But, alas, I have resigned myself to finding the meaning of life through shoes. Does it count for extra that I still have a hefty savings account and don't owe credit card debt? If not, does it count that I usually donate a pair of shoes to the GoodWill when I purchase new ones? (This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that I'm making room for new shoes---its because I'm a good person) Because that's how I'm justifying it in my head.
2 comments:
Giving away shoes doesn't make you a good person, it makes you a saint:)
I think you may have more shoes than I do!! Or at least, yours are organized enough to find them!
Post a Comment