Saturday, June 21, 2008

SoCal style....


Wow.  

I used to think that global warming was an urban legend, like the boogey man or sensitive boyfriends, but after the unbearable heat (AND IT'S NOT EVEN SUMMER) these past few days, I am a believer!
I spent most of the day at the beach playing Beat the Heat.  I love the beach, but I do not love dog beach.  I don't like strange dogs shaking themselves on me, or running across my beach mat, or sniffing around while I'm trying to eat and/or read. Many times I considered playing Beat the Bitch (yes, WHILE playing Beat the Heat--I am incredibly talented), but I didn't want to be the most unpopular girl on the beach by letting everyone know I thought their furry best friends were...disgusting.  I know I'm totally uncool in that I don't believe dogs should be treated as people, but things are different where I grew up.  I grew up on a farm, and I'll leave your imagination to take that where it may.
Anyway, I thought we had beat the heat until we came home.  The heat is winning in here.  Even with the AC on.  For that reason, the only choice we had was to go to the local sushi joint, then to Paradise Yogurt afterward.  It's really not my fault that I gained 3 pounds (all from eating yogurt) this weekend.  I had to stay cool.  

No comments: