Wednesday, June 18, 2008

God's Party

Yesterday, I was having lunch with a friend, her mom, and her sister.  Sister is....how do I put this delicately?.....a God fanatic.  Example A:  
Sister:  My friend Ana just finished her finals, so she wants to do something fun tonight.  We're going to go to a gospel cafe.

At this, I politely refrained from stating my reaction, which would have sounded something like this:  Riiight......last time I went to a gospel cafe, I woke up in a stranger's bed and developed a strange rash 4 days later.  Bring protection, because God sure knows how to party!!!!

Alas, I said nothing, because I think it's rude to tell bible-believers that God has a sense of humor and decidedly would not find a gospel cafe "fun" or even "within the realm of possibilities of being fun".  

Also, update on that co-worker.....
Yesterday, I had a cold and woke up to the first day of my....days.  I made an executive decision that it was best for all involved if I Just Stayed Home.  I was too sick to go to work, but NOT too sick to go to lunch with a friend OR go to an hour-long step class.  Anyway....apparently, my coworker couldn't see fit to haul himself into work either, so he took the day off.  What's cool, though, is that if he comes in a smidgeon after 8AM, the office automatically assumes he's not calling in and calls for a sub for him.  How cool is that?  
Even though I'm receiving a lifetime of bad Karma for wishing he would get fired for his....lack of work ethic (or lack of work at all!), the next best thing is that there is no wiggle room for the little weasel to work with.  Ha!  Take that!  While you're not getting paid, the rest of us are at our jobs, working our little hearts out (cause we ALL work very, very hard!), while you stay home and sleep off whatever hot mess you got in last night.  We'll all pay our mortgages and car payments, while you get by in life with no work at all, yet somehow survive like the rest of us.  It makes me wonder....who's the fool?????

No comments: