Tuesday, June 3, 2014

On Letting Go

Today my favorite necklace broke (don't worry, I already ordered a new one). This necklace, while creepy to many, has been a great reminder for me over the past few months to just...let it go.



Yes. It's a snake. Yes, it has meaning. In the world of power animals, snakes represent shedding of skin...as in, snakes let go of the skin that no longer serves them. It is not an easy process. It is slow and painful but entirely necessary.

So I bought this snake necklace to serve as a reminder to let go of anything that doesn't serve me, that isn't for my highest and best good. That isn't exactly what I want.

This year, I let go of a lot. And wearing that necklace really served as a reminder to follow through with letting go of a lot of stuff, like selling all of my furniture, donating a good portion of my clothes and shoes to Goodwill, and letting go of life as I know it. To move on to a life of unknown...to never settle.

It's a freedom I've never known before.

Life is unlimited and abundant and whatever gets in the way of that will be just...let go.

1 comment:

zipbagofbones said...

Good lesson, I love the necklace.