I'm in love.
All the classic signs are there: insomnia, butterflies in my stomach, general ecstatic feelings about life.
I've been waking up each morning here in Utah, well past my normal 4 a.m., with no plans for my day. I allow myself far more than my usual half-cup of coffee, do some editing (ATD will be done within the week), and then decide what to do with my day. Usually it involves hanging with someone in my family, taking a dip in the hot tub, and throwing food at Hank so he'll leave me alone. Thursday, my only plan involved scoring a cookie for lunch (I did, it was delicious, more so because I have exactly zero guilt about eating it).
Yesterday, the mountains called to me. I texted a friend to come take a walk with me. Together, we walked up into the foothills and enjoyed meaningful conversation about life. A gentle breeze ruffled through my hair. The air was just the right side of crisp, a perfect Spring day in which to sit back and admire the view of the beautiful, fertile valley below us. A hawk circled overhead, perhaps harboring a spiritual message, perhaps simply eyeing Hank as his next meal.
I picked up Hank, lest he be swooped away like some unsuspecting prey, held him in my arms, and reveled in the beauty before me.
In that moment, under wide blue sky, breathing fresh country air untainted by man, my soul grounded by the naked earth, I felt the peace and contentment I have been seeking lately.
I was/am secure in the knowledge that I am exactly where I need to be, that I am exactly who I need to be.
At one with myself. Whole
In love...with life.
No comments:
Post a Comment