Monday, May 6, 2013

Shaking it off (the dust, that is)

Blogging was once my creative outlet. Then I started writing a book. Then I got a gig at CurvyGirlGuide and blogging fell by the wayside.

Well, the book has been published, the sequel has been written and is waiting for the first round of critiques, and CGG has changed so that I no longer have to worry about meeting deadlines there.

I have no creative outlet right now. Which means I am awake at 4 a.m. for no apparent reason other than I'm probably crazy.

And then I was like...remember blogging? Oh yeah. That.

So here I am. I have a month before I will start round 2 on ATD (Book 2 in my 3 book series--did I ever tell you guys that I signed a 3-book deal?), and I am waiting for the green light on another, totally different project (goddammit, don't you hate vague references?), so I thought, lemme blog...

It's gonna be rusty. It's like that when you don't practice something for a long time, so don't judge me. Or do, just know that only assholes judge people.

So. The blog is (allegedly) back. My goal is to write every weekday for the next four weeks. It might be shitty, it might not be what it used to be, but it is what it is...and that'll have to suffice.

1 comment:

Lisa Jacques Elam said...

In my opinion....any day we get a blog from you is a really good day! Congrats on all your success!