I believe it's been almost 2 years since I announced I was writing a book, but the truth is, I've been working on it for probably close to 4. Who would have thought I'd have the tenacity to follow through on such a big project? I never finish anything due to that whole lack of attention to (or give a shit about) details thing.
It's been a hard and long (teehee) process, and the only way I ever made it through was because, at the beginning, I promised myself I'd see it through no matter what.
No matter that I received rejection letters from agents. No matter that I had to rewrite the thing at least 5 times. No matter that the book is now complete and I'm still tempted to tweak it and push back the release date because OMFG is it really ready?
Allegedly, it is.
Today I'm giving you two things: a glimpse of the cover of my book and the release date (eek!).
So I found the cover of the book before I ever came up with a name. The picture is one I took when I was going on a run in The Real OC. It's a run I've done for years, and the second I uploaded the picture to FB, a friend commented that it should be the cover of my book. And so it was decided.
It wasn't until a year later, after the book having several different titles--one of which it was copyrighted under and none of which I loved--that the title came to me. I'd just had a four-hour long coaching session with a local author and went for a bike ride around the lake to clear my head.
The title occurred to me during that right, and it seemed so obvious afterward.
And, in just under three weeks, you can read Down This Road for yourself. On February 14th, tell cupid to move over because there's a new bitch in town: my book.

2 comments:
Can we order early???
PS- beautiful cover!
Post a Comment