Look, trick, I don't know if you're using quotation marks because you don't believe I have a book in the process of being published, or you don't understand how to use quotation marks (in which case, learn).
My book DTR (official acronym for the title) is a real thing and is in the process. My process is taking a long time, which is something I think is not uncommon.
The book does contain parts of my blog voice, but I have been told by those who have read it that it lacks a certain...jackassery that is found here.
That is okay with me. This blog is my voice, or at least one of my voices, and the book is a work of fiction That being said, the struggles my main character portrays in the book are parallel to some of my own struggles and learning experiences. The writing helped me process my...processes.
I won't go into detail, because I don't feel it's the right time for that. The book is being edited (again) and it is still going to need work after it comes back to me.
An author friend of mine remarked on the process of writing a book, using the phrase "marathon stamina," but I think it's more. Granted, I have never ran a marathon (never plan to, not my thing), but I choose to believe this is more than that. From my understanding, people train for marathons for a few months (some longer, if they're doing it regularly, as regularly as these things are done), but the process of my bringing a book to publication has been going on for over two years.
Two years Still not done. Closer, but not done.
This is my marathon (fuck that, this is my iron man), and it ain't over yet.
I won't stop until it is. And even then, it will just be to resynergize before the next. Because that, too is coming.
Questions?
1 comment:
Your book is going to be great and I know because I've seen some chapters. So tell the passive-aggressive commenters to move along.
Post a Comment