Friday, July 22, 2011

The time I said something mean...as though there was just the one time.

I said something this morning that has put some serious guilt in my heart today.

I was in the weight room at the gym, and in strutted a guy with nice biceps, tattoos...and serious booty shorts. 

Now I get that there are certain men who wear short shorts...namely runners and/or men over 50, but this guy was neither of those.

The snarky comment I made to a friend about said shorts was totally justified in my head.

It was also a lot quieter in my head, because the guy did one set of pull-ups, then left.'

I'm assuming he went home to cry.

I ruined his day with an asshole comment that was completely unnecessary.

I really do try to be nice most of the time, and the only time I ever say something mean is if someone has been a dick to me or someone else. 

(Or if they're wearing sunglasses indoors, because that is my pet peeve number one and I cannot be expected not to say something about that.  And maybe that's not the only thing on the list of things I can't stay quiet about, but I digress...)

This guy did nothing to me except show a little too much leg first thing in the morning.

To cancel out the bad Karma, I sought out a random girl and gave her a compliment.

When I reported the compliment to the friend I'd made the rude comment to, he asked if I'd given the compliment on purpose.  Yes, I had.  Then he asked if I'd cussed immediately afterward or felt like I needed to shower.

So maybe people have the wrong idea about me...

Or maybe I'm really an asshole after all, but it totally doesn't count as long as I'm not being that way on purpose, right?

Riiight?

No comments: