Friday, June 17, 2011

Fashion Friday: A closet in crisis

It's a good thing husband wasn't home when the third (okay, fourth) package from Internet shopping arrived this week. While on the outside I've agreed to shop less, appreciate what I have more, there is a part inside me that will just never completely give it up.

In some cases, I can't be blamed.  Like when Sopko had on the cutest shoes the other day, and they happened to be on sale for super cheap with free shipping, which is a deal that you should just never pass up.  Plus, they reminded me of shoes I had when I was 20 and made me feel nostalgic.  I really had to buy them:
The problem is, I have absolutely zero room in  my closet for new shoes.  And, while there are three other empty closets I could put them in, I feel as though that might be the "excessive" thing husband is talking about.

Therefore, I must sacrifice a pair of shoes I don't wear often (or ever) but hang on to for various reasons.  Here are the choices:
Choice 1:  These shoes are half a size too big and only reasonably comfortable, but I can't bear the thought of getting rid of them.  They remind me of the time I was visiting my sister and wanted to shoot myself because she's crazy and does things like drive to three different stores in three different cities to find them in the right(ish) size for me.
Choice 2:  I have no idea from whence they hail.  Some random purchase, I guess.  I only recall wearing them once or twice, but they seem to be the best fit for at least two of my sundresses and, therefore, do I want to get rid of them for the once or twice a year I wear one of those dresses?

Choice 3:  Also no clue where the hell these shoes came from, but they are comfy and casual.  I don't remember the last time I wore them--if I've ever worn them--but in theory, they'd brighten up an otherwise drab outfit.

So, um, if you could all vote for which shoe I need to ditch, that would be fantastic.  If you could also think of ways to convince my husband that I'm always going to need to have a decent shopping budget (a nice, logical reason, because apparently "I need them to feel pretty" isn't good enough), that would also be wonderful.  I'm losing this battle.  Worse, I might slightly agree with him that there is no real purpose to shopping.

Parts of me want to tell him to shut it, but parts of me are also wondering if he doesn't have a point...

Regardless, Happy Friday!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Hmmm, that's a toughy! I'm gonna go with #1

Denise aka squeeze said...

My vote is #2, they look kinda 'old ladyish' unlike you...

Sarah said...

Get rid of #2 and #3. Wedge flip-flops are just wrong.

Janae said...

What size are they???? Because I really want #3!! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sarah, #2 & #3

-D

Sara said...

Keep number 1 for sure! Those other two are super cute, though. You should do a giveaway for them! :)

Anonymous said...

#1 & #2