My birthday is in two days.
Remember when you were a kid and that was exciting? Does anyone else not get excited anymore, or is that just me?
I've been dreading birthdays ever since I passed the age of 28. Somewhere along the way, I stopped telling people my age.
My name is Kelli, and I'm an ageist.
But why?
What did age ever do to me?
All it has done is give me wisdom and a slower metabolism, but I am in fantastic shape, and life has taught me a lot. Obviously.
Maybe age isn't so bad.
Maybe I'll share my age now.
This year, I turn 33.
The significance in this, for me, is that the number three is my lucky number.
I never used to have a lucky number, not until I began this journey of Actually Publishing My Book. So many things are happening in threes around me, I'd be remiss not to have noticed.
My lucky number has thereby been born.
And I don't feel the least bit hesitant about revealing my age.
This year, at the age of 33, I get a double dose of the threes. To me, it is a symbol that this will be my best year yet, the year some of my biggest dreams will come true.
It feels amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment