A friend this morning told me that one of the lights on my car is out.
After a brief wondering of what that would cost, I thought, “I’ll have to email Scott and let him know”.
I, apparently, am now the type of girl who depends on my man to take care of such things.
At what point in my life did I become such a mother fucking princess?
At the age of seven I learned how to drive a tractor. At the age of ten I started using power tools. In college, I changed my own oil and replaced leaking hoses in my car.
I used to hang my own pictures, take the trash out, and fix leaky faucets.
I’ve always prided myself on being independent, on being able to take care of everything for myself.
And now, I can’t be bothered to call the dealership to find out about getting a light fixed. Because I know my husband will do it for me. He does everything for me now.
I can’t decide if I am relieved about not having to do these things anymore or scared that I have become a girl who doesn’t do things for herself.
It is hellanice not to have to worry about all those things. Life is so much easier now.
To summarize, I think I’ll keep my husband.
2 comments:
So, rather than being independent country girl you're become dependent southern California girl? UNACCEPTABLE, my friend.
Post a Comment