Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Affirmations.

I would be wrong not to acknowledge the signs (positive, I think) the Universe has thrown at me today.

Before 8 AM, two separate people, with regards to separate situations, repeated almost the exact same phrase to me, "I support you, I got your back." While this was enough to make me feel appreciated and grateful, it didn't strike me as anything out of the ordinary until I received an email that said "thanks for always having my back, I feel supported". The email, not meant for me but for one of the other gazillion "kanderson" bitches that work for my district, was signed "Kelli".

A strange coincidence that it was the third time I'd heard the whole support/got your back thing, especially weird that the sender of the misguided email had the exact same and not entirely common spelling of my name. Surely this means something, but I have no idea what...other than I feel compelled to say a huge THANK YOU to all those that support me.

I got your backs, too, bitches.

Let's talk about how the rest of my day was weird...as I was leaving work, I ran into a former student who, it hit me as I saw him, had been in my dream the previous night. In my dream, we had been playing football together, but in real life, we discussed his basketball career. This kid is amazingly talented and will be doing big things in life--if he uses his powers for good.

Not five minutes later, I ran into another former student, one of the sweetest, most caring kids I've ever run across. A student who, upon his promotion last year, looked at me with his big doe eyes and told me thanks for always helping him and caring about him (choked up over that one).

I am a big believer that things happen in threes, but I never ran into a third former student today.

Lastly, after a fantastic workout, I walked out to the gym parking lot to discover I'd left the car lights on the entire two hours I'd been in the gym.

Sure I was going to need a jump, and a little weary because my husband is out of town, I turned the key in the ignition...and the car started.

I feel there was no way in hell that car should have started, not after having the lights on for two hours.

The Universe is looking and out for me today, and I just want to give a shout-out and say "I HEAR YOU." I got your back, too.

Today, I am grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the universe is trying to tell you to officially change your name to your married name, to eliminate all the wrong emails you get!!!! J/K I got your back too, unless of course you are standing in the lunch court when a food fight breaks out on a soup day. Then of course you are on your own! -kc