Friday, February 11, 2011

Fashion Friday (shoes, shoes, shoes)

Pumped up kicks . It's not just a song, it's a way of life.

Shoes are probably my favorite thing to buy. Probably every woman's favorite thing to buy, actually.

Shoes never make your ass look big, like some jeans do (or, you know, actually having a big ass does), and it doesn't matter if you gain ten pounds, because they always fit. (Actually, I've heard that pregnancy can change all that--another reason I've been scared away from the kid bandwagon.)

Here is a snapshot of what I'd have to replace if my feet grew:


(This is only half of my closet.)

Coming it at a tie for my favorite shoes are these:

(yes, my running shoes match my shirt, nails, and possibly underwear).

And these:

(yes, I bought black and pink weight-lifting gloves to coordinate with my gym shoes).

Shoes that allow me to run and such are probably my favorite, because working out is my zen. Running puts me in the zone, and going to the gym every morning has allowed me to not only tone up my body (I swear it's toned underneath the ten pounds I've put on this year), but I've also met some awesome people, the same people I see every morning at 5:30 AM. One friend actually hooked me up with a roofer when my roof was leaking. Another friend brought me breakfast last week. And wearing these shoes to Paco Tuesday (my Tuesday night Step Class) has put me in touch with two amazing girlfriends and, recently, a publisher.

So there's the working out shoes, and it's hard to say whether these:

(My beach/comfy shoes)

or these:

(cowgirl shoes)

are next on my favorites list. I suppose the lack of being able to choose beach or country shoes is a direct reflection of my inability to decide whether to permanently call a beach city or the country my home...

And, finally, a couple pair of my favorite wedges:

I love the height on these shoes because, duh, I'm a shrimp and being taller makes me feel less like a kid and more like a sexy bitch.

As for today, I'll be wearing no shoes as I stroll down the beach (nature's exfoliant) and have some margaritas.

You can start hating me....now.

Happy Friday!

No comments: