Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What the eff is wrong with my leg, and when will I be able to run again?

So.

Apparently, I'm the latest person to pull a Scott.

The place where my leg meets my pelvis (after several Google searches, I STILL have no clue what that part of my body is called) is hurt. And, what's worse is that I have no idea how I hurt it. One day, I was running and having push-up contests with a 70-year-old man (I lost, FYI), and the next day I could barely walk.

I can't really tell if it's a muscle pull or something in my gizzards, but either way, I haven't been able to run since Friday.

This would explain why, emotionally, I've spent the past 24 hours in the opposite of my Happy Place. (I think we need some Prozac up in here.)

This is the part where a smart person would go to the doctor.

This is the part where I decide if going to the doctor is worth doing on my much-needed day off.

Graber says maybe I have a groin injury.

Um, do I have a groin?

I wasn't sure, so I googled "lower right abdomen pain running nausea", and I've narrowed the cause of my pain down to: appendicitis, bowel cancer, constipation, ectopic pregnancy, hernia, salpingitis, or sickle cell disease.

The Internet is close to pinpointing exactly what is wrong with me that I think I've pretty much vetoed the idea of spending my day off in the doctor's office.

Instead I'm going to delve into the fresh new stack of library books I picked up last night and enjoy this glorious, 70 degree day.

Pretty much the best day ever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had that pain when I was in high school running cross country...it hurt like an SOB. I did go to the doctor...they didn't know what it was. Told me I couldn't run til it quit hurting and gave me some pain medication.