In high school, I was obsessed with my "Hard Rock: Acapulco" shirt, because I wanted to advertise to everyone that I'd been there. Sadly, that was probably the only way I could get people to talk to me back then...
In college, I sported shirts from Abercrombie and Fitch because I thought it was cool that I could afford their clothes. Never mind that I lived on Ramen noodles and Wendy's 99 cent jr. bacon cheeseburgers, and that I actually could not afford to pay $40 for a shirt at all. The cool kids were wearing Abercrombie, so I was wearing Abercrombie.
Then wearing graphic t-shirts got old, so in my mid-20's, I would only buy clothes from Nordstrom or Bebe. You know, because I'm high class or whatever.
I finally realized that: a) I don't really have that kind of money and b) I don't care where my clothes are from, as long as they're cute and not completely janky. I also realized that wearing logos of any sort is not really appropriate at this age level.
Except one night recently, I decided that they were. I went online and found a couple of biking shirts. It was a total whim purchase, and I didn't regret either choice--at least until I received them and realized each has a major flaw:
In case you can't see (I didn't think a close-up shot was necessary), it has a picture of a chick biking, a "greater than" symbol, and a chick sitting at a desk frowning. The words on the bottoms say "do the math".
"dontcha wish your girlfriend could bike like me?"
So here's the deal. I really like both shirts but.....if you look closely (this is not, I repeat NOT, a lame attempt at getting you to stare at my tatas), you'll notice that the bitch on the bike? Is on a road bike.
Oh hell no.
I ride dirty. I bomb down mountains and crash and feel manly. Road biking is not for me. I once made a shirt that reflects my attitude toward biking, but I've worn it one too many times and it is, for all intents and purposes, dead.
So....I'm back at square one with the biking shirts.
Ideas? I'm sick of looking.
Happy Friday!!!
1 comment:
So I've been following your blog for so long that it would probably be creepy to admit just how long. (Cough :: years :: cough).
And I know Fashion Friday is probably used a lot, but since I actually read your blog, I would feel like I was jacking the idea if I used it on my blog without asking you first.
So after all that weirdness - do you mind if I use Fashion Friday on my blog?
Post a Comment