Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Has anyone seen my sweatpants?

My brain is dead to me.

Or at least my short-term memory is.

Wait...what was I talking about again?

So I'm joking about it now, but half the time, I forget what I'm saying in the middle of the sentence. I make light of it by filling in the gap with random words like "monkey" or "potsticker", all the while trying to remember what the fuck I was just talking about so I don't look like a complete wanker to whomever I'm talking to.

Basically, my brain is a cluster. Yesterday, I arrived home, eager to try the chicken corn chowder I'd thrown in the slow cooker before I left for work. But when I looked at it, I was baffled because it looked like regular old soup. Which it was, because, um, I forgot to throw in the chowder part.

Doh.

Also, somehow, in the transition from my classroom to my car after work, I lost a pair of sweat pants.

And then, I went to throw on my pajamas last night and instead spent an hour scouring the house for them. They're not in any of the bathrooms, the laundry room, my closet, the dresses, or even under the bed.

I mean, it's possible, I guess, that a thief broke into the house, overlooked the four laptops, the game systems, and flat-panel TVs and stole the pajamas instead.

But it's more likely that I'm just a disaster. Having to replace all of my clothes is getting to be annoying, not to mention expensive.

I don't know what my problem is, other than my complete lack of ability to focus on anything.

It's annoying, and I'm over it.

Wait. What am I over?

I already forgot...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah Kel, you crack me up, and I can relate, but I think mine is just disorganization and too much crap. I keep trying to work on it, but I am too lazy. good luck. oh and I am the Queen of forgetting what I am talking about in the middle of a sentence.

Just me said...

The best part of demetia is you forget you have it!

ɹǝƃƃolquǝʞoʇ said...

Are you sure you're getting enough sleep?

Lisa Jacques Elam said...

Just wait until you get older. My children are amazed that I can fully dress myself....and sadly...sometimes I can't. But don't tell them! lol