Friday, April 16, 2010

Fashion Friday

We've recently had a slew of earthquakes in the world: SoCal, Indonesia, and China. Yesterday, there was even some rumbling in Utah.

There's a volcano in Iceland spewing stuff into the atmosphere, immobilizing a large population of people.

It seems like something crazy is happening in the world.

I don't know what it means, but I do know that today, there will be a girl smelling way too much like Patron on the beach, struggling to hold back tears and mumbling incoherently about how real life (or the Apocalypse, I don't know which I fear more...)is approaching, and all the powers of hell with it.

I've been on Spring Break for three weeks, which is long enough to make me forget what real life feels like, long enough for me to achieve my Zen.

Three weeks is also long enough to drink my face off, which means that all of my pants are too tight.

But three weeks is not long enough for me to be ready to face real life again.

I have truly relaxed and enjoyed this time off, even though the past few days have been spent with me doing little more than taking naps and watching reruns of Real Housewives of NYC and Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

It's crap TV, but it beats the crap out of being stressed and full of anxiety every day.

I guess the thing I'm most sad about is that I can't wear leggings and t-shirts every day anymore, that it's kind of not appropriate work attire.

It was, however, completely appropriate on the beach last Friday, as I suspect it will be again today:



This picture is from last week's beach outing, and you can rest assured I'm wearing something similar today for my marg/beach day.

Come Monday, I'll be singing a different tune, but as of today:

Viva La Spring Break!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the hell? 3 weeks? What the hell kind of spring break is that? I never got more than 1.

Anonymous said...

“Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom,” said Jesus, “and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another.”