Monday, October 26, 2009

Hey, Um, Did You Know Halloween Is This Saturday? Also: I Am Not a Slut

So, this weekend, Scott and I decided that, rather than stay at home and pass out candy to all the adults and children who come to our house begging for it, we are going to a Halloween Party.

Which, even though we have to buy costumes, is probably cheaper in the long run. Our GD neighborhood is, apparently, considered "fancy", so kids far and wide flock to it in hopes of getting good candy. Pretty sure our house is getting egged this year. Which is just as well, because it will match the egg from, like 3 years ago that we haven't bothered to wash off.

Now who's fancy?

So we went to a costume store to find costumes, and I've realized my choices of costumes are endless: slutty nurse, slutty cop, whoreish bartender, sexy bumble bee.....the list goes on and on.

It's obvious what I need to dress up as this Halloween.

A witch. And, contrary to popular practice, I'm not going to slut it out. I hate being cliche.

Now excuse me while I go hop in my SUV, hit Starbucks, and have 2.5 kids.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Erin said...

My childhood neighborhood was INSANE for Halloween because it was nice enough, well lit, little thru traffic and right at the edge of town. So it was perfect for all the country kids. Each year, pickup trucks would drop off entire loads of children at the end of the block. But when more than 200 kids come to your house, you can't give them anything good. Whole lotta Smartees on my street. Not much else.

Sarah Bellum said...

Word.

Fragrant Liar said...

Why yes, I will be on the slutty bandwagon this year. But I do slutty really well. After four kids, that's how it feels anyway . . . I am so going to have BIG fun this year. Hope you do too.