Friday, August 14, 2009

Fashion Friday (The If I Were a Mom Edition)

It's getting lazy up in huuuur.

This has everything to do with babysitting. If I were a stay-at-home mom, I'd kill myself.

Seriously. It's damn near impossible to be selfish when you're in charge of the well-being of another person. Which doesn't work for me at all.

It's been ages since I brushed my hair, put on make-up, or had a good snog. Well, the snog thing might be due to the BF being a few miles away. Plus, the only hot guy I've seen around here was at the gym. And he was wearing a Mickey-Mouse t-shirt, so it totally was not going to happen.

I mean really. Who the hell wears Mickey Mouse t-shirts? Even when I have kids, they won't be allowed to wear anything like that. No cute ducks or giraffes on the clothing of my children.

They will be hip, stylish little fuckers.

I, on the other hand, am probably going to be a giant blob of hot mess. Which is yet another reason I hate my sister. That bitch has to be on crack. Because if not, then I have serious issues with her 0% body fat and ability to wake up at 4:30AM, after 4 hours of sleep, and still look like this:


That being sad, however, that is my dress. I just haven't actually changed out of sweats this week long enough to even think about Fashion Friday.

But....if I were to get dressed, I'd be all up over this Boho shiz.

Anyway, I am enjoying the kids, even if I'm not enjoying my wardrobe. And, in spite of this..my greasy hair and I are still a complete prize. You dig?

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Your sister scares me a little. But, you know, so do most people.

GREAT post on Aiming Low.

nina said...

Your sister is an inspiration to moms!

Oh, and something's going on because I've seen tons of hipster boys wear Mickey Mouse t-shirts lately.

Sarah said...

Great blog, been trying to catch up! Your sister makes me look like a bum haha, but eh. And as nina said, I too have spotted the hipsters in mickey mouse gear. *shudder*

amerikasweetness said...

I gotta say, I love all your dresses from previous "Fashion Fridays". But this one is def. HAWT. Even if it's on your sister. PS. I think you would rock at being a mom, and showing off the goods at the same time! :)

Becky said...

You are BOTH so darn cute!

zipbagofbones said...

I totally dig. In fact, I think I unearthed you after the first layer of rubble was removed.

Sorry I wasn't more gentle with my shovel.