Dudes.
I gotta get crackin.
On this wedding business, I mean. We've been engaged for 6 months (wait....6 months to the day....today. That's crazy) and we still have not set a date.
Is that weird?
I never have been one to do things by the book.
It's my way of being a non-conformist.
Because being a non-conformist is the thing to do.
Anyway, a Utah friend approached me about information on where to get married in San Diego. Um, how the hell should I know? I was planning on getting married in Utah sometime next summer, where it's easier, cheaper, and so much more predictable.
But then I realized, if this friend can get married in San Diego, then, holy bananas, so can I.
So now I'm back at square 1. Do I get married in San Diego in the summer and risk my farmer dad and brothers not being able to come due to their being in the middle of hay season? Or do I wait until fall, when it's usually hot here, but could possibly be the opposite of hot, thereby ruining my perfect beach wedding.
I wish someone else could do the planning for me.
I wish I weren't too cheap to hire a wedding planner.
I wish I knew my dad would follow through on his promise to give me $10K if I just eloped in Vegas, because that would so be worth it. I'd throw it all down on the Craps table and use The Secret to turn it into a million bucks.
And then I'd not elope and turn into an asshole. Because now I was rich and when you're rich you can do whatever you want.
The end.
5 comments:
As someone who's done it: do it easily, cheaply and with those you love most around you. Don't get hung up on the crap. Promise it's not worth it. Promise.
xoxo
I agree with Amy. I did the whole big wedding, big dress and invited all of my parents work friends, neighbors and ward members. SO overwhelming. The mass amounts of presents we got was great, but my next time around (if I have one) will be small and intimate!
I'm glad I'm not the only other person in this boat! I've been engaged for nearly a month now (SHOCK) and we still haven't decided anything.
my friend Shelly got engaged and then maybe three days later a date was set, church, and reception hall, booked! And the wedding isn't until September 2010. Maybe you guys could hire her!!!
My wedding was a dream, just him and I and an officiant, on vacation for 3 weeks. No stress, no last-minute catering issues, no divorced parents fighting...if only I'd been marrying a non-asswipe, it would have been the perfect wedding.
Post a Comment