Thursday, June 11, 2009

Can You Think of A Better Option?

Apparently I have no life.

This comes on the tail end of months and months of 10-12 hour days at work and scarcely time to wipe my ass (running low in the skid-free chones department). I have now made a commitment to myself to work no more than 8 hours a day.

Turns out work was covering up the fact that I have no hobbies.

Other than exercise, of course.

I got home from work yesterday at 4, already having decided (well, my sore legs pretty much decided for me) to take the day off from exercise.

So I logged onto Facebook. Not that exciting when you're trying to cut back on your quiz intake.

Then Twitter, which is also not that exciting when your friends aren't updating.

There was a brief moment of excitement when Scott and I got into an argument.

And I'm wondering: Could this be my new hobby?

But no. I think that arguing with someone all the time would only really make me regret not following my dream of going to law school. Plus, Scott caves way too easily, and, honestly, getting my way all of the time ain't that exciting.

So now what?

Perez? McMommywood? Ebay?

All of which make me want to spend money for various reasons, the biggest being that I feel wildly insecure at all the stuff I don't have. Stuff that, clearly, I need if I'm ever to amount to anything in my life.

And anything that requires more than 30 minutes of focus is out. Um, hello? Remember the time I tried to take up sewing? Epic fail.

So.....the only new hobby I can think of that won't take too much focus or too much energy is boozing.

It seems like the logical and best choice.

Therefore.......pass the whiskey, bitches, there's a new hobby in town.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Come to Wisconsin, I'll give you a hobby! Or make you wish you were back home with ONE weekend with me and the Short One. No rest for the weary here!

Susan Mercedes said...

This only makes me like you more! Clearly we have the same interests.

Cat said...

Oh man, I can help you learn the ropes on this one.