Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Uncivilized....

I freaking love camping. Real camping. Like the kind where you have to carry a shovel and roll with you when you want to drop a deuce.

Yeah, I said it.

I didn't shower for 3 days. Come to think of it, that part wasn't unlike any other day.

We went to a place called Torro Peak, which is complete wilderness. Kind of surreal to be sitting on a remote mountain with nothing and no one around, only to be looking 8,400 feet down at the city of Palm Springs.

It was a lovely weekend, and I finally got back on my bike and...what do you know? After a 2 month hiatus, I'm freaking out of shape. That or my asthma really kicked in at that altitude. A small part of me died when I realized that Scott can now smoke me while climbing up hills, which never used to happen.

Regardless, the trip was awesome and I'm very upset to be back in reality, where I have to lie about the last time I showered or changed (put on) my underwear....

The ride up (and a lesson learned???):


The boys:


My boy who, apparently, belongs to a street gang:


Nev:


Chad (and the theme of the weekend):


The giant tree tht feel down exactly where we'd pitched our tent last time we were there (we're still not sure if it made a sound, because definitely no one was around to hear it):


The bike-hauling machine:


I have more pictures and a busy week.

Which only means you get more pictures of my weekend. Lucky you.

4 comments:

Cat said...

Very exciting - great shots, looks beautiful. Haven't camped in CA in a long time, we're going remote camping to Itasca State Park for the 4th of July. Our site is 3.1 miles from the parking lot. Hellz yeah. No showering for me! For 6 days!! But it is lakefront, and completely remote, so...

Becky said...

HEY! Chad is wearing a MN shirt! Did he got there? I DID! If he did ask him if he remembers a super drunk sorority girl with a lampshade on her head trying to make out with him. That was ME!

Summer said...

Very cool! I love camping, but prefer to have flushing toilets and a lake within walking distance. Glad you are tougher than me and that you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

you're right your arms look awesome!