Guess who's back in the mother effing house!
I thought this day would never come.
As of today, I can officially work out again.
It's been 6 weeks since I've done any cardio or weight-lifting. And, contrary to popular belief, my life did not end. Which could be due to the fact that I've stopped eating sugar (and everything else under the sun) and have been able to drop some lbs, despite not being able to bike, run, or hike.
I have been a little more than freaked out that I was going to be terribly out of shape when I resumed life as I know it. That my cardiovascular health would reflect what my body was beginning to look like.
But....
I went to step class last night and actually made it through the full hour. Not saying I had energy to spare, and I may or may not have wished a slow, painful death by abstinence to my allegedly promiscuous instructor,Paco, but I did it.
I did, however, learn that it's going to be a while before I'm completely back to normal. While before all this happened I could probably throw down 40 or 50 (thousand, obviously) push-ups (and yes, I'm talking about REAL push-ups, brag, brag), I collapsed after just 1 last night, sure my back was about to break in 2.
Did I mention I'm learning voodoo? (hint, hint, Sarah)
Anyway. I feel good, life is good, and now I can finally start doing something about that nasty cellulite that's been plaguing me for a good while. Here's to hoping I can run enough to be bikini-ready by June 17th, the first pool party of the season.
Ready, set, go!
2 comments:
YAY I'm so glad you're back in action. Take it easy though, don't reinjure yourself. How's the spray working?
You are my hero!!!
Post a Comment