Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Last Day of Freedom

I had to return to work yesterday (Friday). It wasn't quite as bad as you think. Or maybe it was but I feel wrong complaining since I did just have 4 weeks off.
Anyway, I did have a fantastic vacation, got to spend almost 3 weeks with my family, which almost never happens, which is not because I don't love them. It's more because I know that 3 weeks in the country equals 10 pounds on my ass. My mom is that good of a cook.

And then this past week, upon my return to San Diego, Sopko and I went for walks, went shopping, and went to lunch.
On Thursday, our last day off, we hit the beach. Which, sadly, is not something I do enough of, given that it's a 1o-minute car ride away.
It was a gorgeous day. We started off with in Mission Beach, walking with our feet in the sand (It's been a little too long since I've had a pedi. and I hear sand is a natural exfoliant).


However, Sopko is grossed out by seaweed, so we walked on the boardwalk (is that a proper noun?) all the way to PB (Pacific Beach). Which, if you know San Diego, has some fabulous (cheap) little shops. This is where I spent that $30 I had earned.


Also in PB is one of my favorite restaurants, World Famous, where, for just under $10, you get the best Seared Ahi Tuna salad ever. The Lobster Bisque is noteworthy as well, I just didn't get it since the shorts I was wearing were dangeously close to cutting off all circulation to my lower half.

So then, after shopping, a long walk, and a delicious lunch, we topped off the day with Frozen Yogurt (mine was sugar-free).


Anyway, if I learned one thing that day, it was that there is no bigger oxymoron in life than wearing a cute little sundress with Uggs:

Seriously?

Anyway, the day was beautiful and it is definitely something I need to do more of. After all, why pay all this (Goddamn!) money to live here if I'm not going to take full advantage?

3 comments:

Allison said...

Uggs should be banned in So Cal!

Unknown said...

Nice pictures! Just a wee bit under exposed... ;-)

Anonymous said...

I once lived in Pacific Beach and I don't EVER remember having a day like you described that didn't also involve a beer. You need a do-over!